Study Sex at Sydney University

Graduate Programs in Sexual Health

Monday, November 26, 2007

Life in the Graduate Program in Sexual Health

I am the coordinator of the Graduate Program in Sexual Health. In this blog I will invite you to join me and my colleagues (Gomathi Sitharthan and Russell Shuttleworth) as we plan and agonise over how to best offer a great on-line learning experience and motivate students to research "Healthy Sexuality in a lifespan perspective".

You may know who I am - but for those who don't, I am a 60 year old academic, married for >34 years with one wonderful son and one wonderful hubby. I trained as a medic in Sri Lanka and then moved to sex when I did my postgraduate study in the University of Hawaii with Professor Milton Diamond.
I love what I do - my main joy is getting to know our students and watching friendships develop. We are planning a mentorship program in 2008. Do let me know if anyone has experiences in this.

Next semester should be a very interesting one - we have new students from South Africa, Malta, New Zealand and all over our lovely big brown land. I particularly enjoy the discussions on sexual rights.
More on sex research in another post.
Patricia

No comments: